Oh, not for you, for me. Duh.
You get another boring version, I get to work on the awesome stuff.
So yeah, this is what's coming up for Gamma:
- Bots - that's right, if you don't have friends you will able to play alone
- New GUI - have you heard of Unity's new GUI? Well, it's getting into Gamma with all it's beauty
- Mobile - Android, and hopefully iOS. Maybe Ubuntu Phone
- Physics based shaders - they came with Unity 5, and look wonderful. I didn't have time to get them into Beta, but I surely will for Gamma
- Allow playing while hosting the server - to play on your own server right now you have to open a new instance, which isn't exactly fun. Hopefully I'll be able to get this working for Gamma
Sounds interesting? It is. I am so glad I got Beta 1 out so I can work on this. It's just so cool.
I already started laying out foundations for the new AI on a local branch, but I doubt I'll be able to get to it again until the school year ends, which should be in about two weeks.
Also, if you've got ANY sort of screenshots of Tunnelers somewhere, anywhere, chuck them here. It'll be great help while making the GUI. Thanks.
And again, if you're not already subscribed to the mailing list, please do. You would not believe how hard it is to reach all you.
I told you I wouldn't leave Tunnelers alone.